Friday, November 2, 2012

What to do With All of That Halloween Candy

We had a great Halloween, and as usual my kids got tons of candy.  And guess what do we do with all of it?  Make a Christmas countdown chain!  We did this last year, and I cannot for the life of me remember where I got the idea.  But it cut our Halloween stash down so much that I knew it would be something we do year after year.  And the kids loved doing the countdown each day in December.

Just start by rolling out a reallllly long piece of saran wrap, add pieces of candy, wrap them and tie a ribbon in between.


I just did it for the month of December (25 pieces), and it cut my kids Halloween candy stash down to 7 pieces each.  Now that I can handle.

And of course, save the best for last:


Thirty Handmade Days

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea! Found you through TT&J's party. Pinned to try this year. :)

    ReplyDelete