Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Boy's Basketball Party

We celebrated Bud's 2nd birthday this past weekend and even though the weather wasn't cooperative, it was still a fun time.  The kid loves balls of any kind and so I decided to do a basketball party for him.  How I love to throw parties, and this one was completely stress free for me...I think because I just had fun with it and remembered "this is for a 2 year old".  I asked everyone to wear their favorite jersey to the party and those who did got a prize (a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, totally worth it right??).  We also did a little "Guess the NBA Team Logo" game.  You can download it for free here.  Kind of fun. My brother did it in about 20 seconds but everyone else found it a bit challenging.  Here's some other highlights:
We got him--what else--a basketball hoop.  He absolutely loved it and jumped up and down when he saw it.
The cake.  It's supposed to be a basketball in a hoop...but whatever.





  He actually blew out his candles!  Well one of them, but I don't think I've ever seen a 2 year old do that.
And yes we were in the garage.  We did hot dogs, salad, watermelon, corn on the cob and lots of other goodies.  I really wanted to do our free throw shooting contest outside on the driveway but because of the low temp we were stuck inside the garage with the doors down.  Classy aren't we?!

I'll spare you posting pictures of each person taking their shots, but my nephew won the kid's free throw shooting contest and my brother won the adult's contest.
Thanks to everyone that came despite it being a holiday weekend.  
Happy Birthday Bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment